- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 zucchini, quartered and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed and finely chopped (or 2 handfuls of spinach, chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp mild yellow curry powder (store bought or homemade)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/3 cup rinsed, uncooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup rinsed, uncooked red lentils
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add the chickpeas, zucchini, carrot, garlic, and if you're using kale instead of spinach, add that now too.
- Cook until garlic becomes translucent. Add the curry powder, turmeric, cumin, and coriander. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 litre of vegetable stock, 1/3 cup uncooked red lentils, 1/3 cup rinsed, uncooked quinoa.
- Turn heat up to medium-high. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add more liquid as needed.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk. Bring back to a simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes. Thin with water or vegetable stock as needed.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.