Vegan coconut macaroon thumbprint cookies filled with your favourite jams or jellies!
- 3 cups shredded (or flaked) sweetened coconut
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp unbleached all purpose flour
- Raspberry, blueberry, and peach jam (or your favourites!)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blend the coconut, mixing and scraping the sides as needed, until the texture is not quite coconut butter. When pinched, the coconut should stick together.
- In a bowl, combine the blended coconut, melted coconut oil, water, maple syrup, vanilla extract and flour. Mix well. The mixture should hold together easily. Add a touch more flour or water if needed.
- Use a 1 tbsp measuring spoon to scoop out and compact the dough. Press your thumb gently into the center of each cookie (the indent should be wide and shallow), if needed, gently reform and compact the edges of the cookies after indenting with your thumb. Fill each indent with 3/4 tsp of your favourite jam.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown. The cookies will be very soft, allow them to cool completely before eating.
Store in a an air-tight container.