Chewy, chocolatey baked granola bars sweetened with dates and brown rice syrup and topped with a chocolate drizzle + freeze-dried strawberries. Makes 5 bars.
- 2 cups Love Crunch Dark Chocolate & Red Berries
- 1 recipe date caramel (below)
- 3 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup soft pitted dates
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp maple syrup
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 50g non-dairy dark chocolate
- 1/8 tsp coconut oil
- In a food processor, combine dates and coconut oil. Process until smooth, using a spatula to pull the date mixture away from the sides as needed. Once smooth, add the coconut milk and maple syrup. Transfer to an air tight food storage container.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and transfer the mixture to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and slice into 5 equal bars.
- Melt 50g of dark chocolate and add 1/8 tsp coconut oil. Drizzle over the bars and chill (to harden the chocolate) before storing in the fridge.
You can feel free to substitute your own favourite granola in this recipe (chocolate granola is a great option!) You can use any chopped freeze-dried fruit or nut for topping.