Marinade & Glaze
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch garlic powder
- 1/2 package The Little Potato Company's Oven | BBQ Ready Kits in Garlic or BBQ Blend
- 1 454g package of extra-firm pressed tofu
- 1 small zucchini chopped into large chunks
- 1 large bell pepper cut into large chunks (I used a mix of red, green and yellow for extra colour)
- 4-5 large mushrooms cut into extra-large chunks (leave small mushrooms whole)
- 1/4 red onion cut into large chunks
- Mix together marinade ingredients. Chop tofu into large 3/4" -1" cubes. Marinate the tofu for 1-2 hours. After marinating, preheat your oven to 450F.
- Prepare your choice of The Little Potato Company's Oven | BBQ Ready Kits according to the package instructions. Place the foil tray on a large baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, move the tray of potatoes to one side of the baking tray. Line the other side of the baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the marinated tofu cubes. Reserve any excess marinade. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the tofu and stir the potatoes before baking for another 10 minutes.
- While the tofu and potatoes bake, heat the remaining marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer gently for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spray or brush preheated grill with a light coat of oil. Lightly precook the vegetables for about 5 minutes until just barely tender. Season with a light sprinkle of salt during cooking.
- Beginning and ending with a piece of tofu or potato (this will prevent veggies from slipping off the skewers), alternate skewering a variety of veggies, tofu, and potatoes, making sure to have an equal amount of each food per skewer.
- Brush assembled skewers with glaze and grill until veggies are tender. Pour any remaining glaze over skewers and serve.
Serve over a bed of rice for a filling meal.