This recipe is for my personal favourite sandwich combo: scrambled tofu + tempeh bacon + avocado + lettuce + tomato. This breakfast sandwich is not only vegan (and totally customizable) but also easy to make and costs less than going through the drive-through! Talk about a breakfast you can feel good about.
- 1 English muffin
- 1/4 cup scrambled tofu
- 2 strips tempeh bacon
- sprinkle of Daiya cheese
- 1-2 leaves butter lettuce
- 2 slices of tomato
- 2-3 slices of ripe avocado
- roasted garlic hummus, to taste
- guacamole, to taste
- vegan mayo, to taste
- Make a batch of scrambled tofu (here's the recipe), set aside.
- Sauté the tempeh bacon according to the package instructions. I usually cook mine in a little bit of coconut oil and brown for a couple of minutes per side. Set aside.
- Lightly toast your English muffin.
- Spread one side of your English muffing with a light coat of vegan mayo. Spread the other side with some roasted garlic hummus.
- On one half add 1 scoop of scrambled tofu and 2 slices of tempeh bacon (I usually cut my slices in half and then use between 1 1/2 to 2 slices per sandwich). If you're using Daiya, add a sprinkle on top of the tempeh bacon.
- If the ingredients have cooled down a little, quickly pop it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds before adding the fresh veggies.
- Make sure your sandwich is nice and hot before opening it up and adding 1-2 slices of butter lettuce, 1-2 slices of tomato, sliced avocado, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.