A hearty, warming bowl of oatmeal full of chunky apple bits, raisins, pecans, and flax seeds.
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (approx. 1/2 small apple)
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup large flake oats
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp Thompson raisins
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- splash almond milk
- splash vanilla almond milk
- molasses and/or brown sugar
- fresh apple slices
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the apple and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the pecans, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add the oats and a pinch of salt. Turn heat down to medium and simmer until oats begin to thicken up.
- Add the ground flax seed (this will help thicken the oatmeal), raisins, brown sugar, and a splash of almond milk. Cook until thick.
- Serve in a bowl topped with a generous amount of vanilla almond milk, a sprinkle each of brown sugar, pecans, raisins, granola, (and pumpkin seeds - optional), fresh apple slices, and a drizzle of molasses.