Crispy golden-brown tofu, plenty of vegetables: tender Creamer potatoes, carrots, and baby kale, creamy coconut milk, a rich curried broth, and a nice kick of spicy-hot. Comforting, healthy, and hearty!
- 3 cups (approx.) The Little Potato Company's Little Reds
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp mild yellow curry powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2-4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 can coconut milk
- Pierce the skin of each potato 2-3 times before microwaving on high for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Leave to cool before cutting each potato into quarters.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil over medium high heat. Add the cubed tofu and cook until golden-brown and crisp on at least 3-4 sides. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil. Add the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until the onion starts to become transparent.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, cumin, paprika, and chili garlic sauce. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add vegetable stock and baby kale. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, pan-fried tofu, and quartered potatoes. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Taste, thin with vegetable stock if needed, and adjust seasoning.
Adjusting Spiciness:Increase or decrease the chile garlic sauce to adjust the spiciness. The chile garlic sauce can be substituted with sriracha.For Thicker Curry:For a thicker curry to serve over rice, add 1/3 cup rinsed quinoa along with the spices in step 3. Increase simmering time in step 5, from 5 minutes to 10 minutes.