A zesty deli-style salad of beans, bell peppers, grilled corn and roasted, seasoned Creamer potatoes in a cumin-lime vinaigrette.
- one 454 g package of The Little Potato Company's 'Onion Medley' or 'Garlic Herb' Oven | BBQ Ready kit
- 1/3-1/2 cup grilled corn (approx. 1 ear)
- 1/2 cup chopped green/red/orange pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion (soaked in water)
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice (add more to taste)
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chili powder
- Prepare the potatoes: Preheat oven to 450F. Slice potatoes in half, add the Onion Medley seasoning packet, drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and stir well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the seasoned potatoes evenly over the sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cool before slicing potatoes in half again (so each piece is a quarter of a potato.) Set aside.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour the grilled corn, bell pepper, red onion, green onion, kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas and cilantro into a bowl and stir in the dressing.
- Add the chopped roasted potatoes just before serving.
For best flavour: Allow time for the beans and vegetables to marinate in the cumin-lime vinaigrette for a few hours before adding potatoes just prior to serving.If you don't haven access to The Little Potato Company's Oven | BBQ Ready kits: Season Creamer potatoes with a blend of garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and dried parsley and then proceed according to the recipes instructions.My notes: I grilled an ear of corn in my George Foreman. You can achieve similar results in an outdoor grill or by sautéeing until slightly charred in spots.