The Little Potato Company's Fingerling potatoes are the star of this recipe! Thin-skinned with firm flesh and a unique flavour, their elongated shape makes them perfect for mini baked potatoes! Customize them with your favourite toppings or follow our directions for "Tex-Mex" or "Loaded" two bite baked potatoes. They're quick, easy, and simply delicious!
Two-Bite Baked Potatoes
- 18-24 The Little Potato Company's yellow-fleshed fingerling potatoes (1 1.5 lb bag)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- cracked pepper to taste
Cheesy baked potato topping
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- (Optional) For Tex-Mex potatoes: a sprinkle of chipotle or chili powder
- chives or green onions
- vegan mayo or sour cream
- fresh dill
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prick each potato with a fork 2-3 times. (Don't worry about washing these guys, it's already been done for you!)
- Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Toss the hot potatoes in olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bake for 8 minutes before flipping and then bake for an addition 5- 10 minutes. Poke them with a knife to check if they're tender.
- Once they're cooked, let them sit for 5-10 minutes until they're just cool enough to handle. Deeply score each potato both lengthwise and width wise.
- Using your index fingers and thumbs, gently pinch and push the corners of each potato inwards to mash and fluff the cooked centers out of the potato. (Refer to the 4th set of pictures for a visual reference)
- Drop a pat of vegan butter into the center of each potato followed by a big pinch of vegan cheese.
- Place under the broiler just long enough for the cheese to melt and bubble.
- For Tex-Mex potatoes: Top with a dollop of guacamole, a little drizzle of sriracha or taco sauce, and a sprinkle of chives or green onions.
- For "Loaded Baked Potatoes": Top with a teeny dollop of vegan mayo or sour cream, a sprinkle of dill and chives, and black pepper.