Vegan 7 layer tacos loaded with seasoned rice & black beans, vegan cheese, guacamole, salsa, tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.
- 1 tbsp canola, coconut or olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/3 cup Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds
Tacos & Toppings
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is almost translucent.
- Add paprika, chili powder, salt and chopped tomato. Cook until mixture is thick and most of the moisture from the tomatoes has evaporated.
- Mash 1/4 of the black beans before mixing them into the seasoned onion/garlic/tomato mixture. Stir in the rice. Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Fill warm tortillas with 1/4-1/3 cup taco filling, sprinkle with Daiya (microwave to melt if desired.) Top with a thin layer of salsa, chopped tomatoes, a generous amount of guacamole and plenty of lettuce. Enjoy!