Easy vegan pancakes loaded with all the flavours of carrot cake!
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (155g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch ground ginger
- 1/3 cup grated carrot (approx. 1 carrot)
- 3 tbsp flaked or shredded dried coconut (I used sweetened)
- 3 tbsp golden seedless raisins
- 2 tbsp finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Almondmilk, warm
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly oil pan if necessary,
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and ginger. Stir in the grated carrot, dried coconut, raisins, and pecans.
- Heat almondmilk in microwave until just warm (not hot.) Add the melted coconut and sugar and mix well.
- Add the almondmilk mixture to the dry ingredients. Use a fork to mix well, until there are no lumps in the batter. Do not overmix.
- Spoon 1/4-1/3 cup of the batter into your preheated pan. Cook the first side for about 1-2 minutes - until the edges appear dry and cooked and some bubbles have formed. Always flip the pancake before dry spots begin to form on the tops of your pancakes.
- Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Store the cooked pancakes in a single layer on the racks in your warm oven - this will keep them warm but not soggy.
- Continue cooking the pancakes until batter is finished. Makes about 6-7 pancakes.
Add your favourite toppings: Vegan butter, maple syrup, toasted pecans, sweetened dried coconut, nut butters, etc.