- 1 tbsp vegan butter (or olive/coconut/canola oil)
- 1/2 cup (1/2 small) red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 rib) celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 small) carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 3 cups (1/2 1.5lb bag) The Little Potato Company's Blushing Belles
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4-1/3 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- Heat butter or oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic, asparagus, potatoes, and salt. Sauté, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables, stir, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth and turn heat up to medium-high. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork.
- Use an immersion blender to purée the soup. Add the vegan cheese and nutritional yeast. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until the cheese is melted.
- Stir in the unsweetened almond or soy milk.
- To serve, top with a drizzle of coconut milk, avocado (or olive) oil, and cracked pepper. Serve with crusty bread spread with vegan butter.