Big scoops of So Delicious Dark Chocolate Truffle Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert in a waffle bowl, topped with chewy chunks of vegan brownie, a few dollops of coconut whip, chocolate shavings, and freshly chopped sweet cherries.
- 3 scoops of So Delicious Dark Chocolatey Truffle Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert
- vegan brownie chunks (recipe below)
- coconut whip (recipe below)
- chocolate shavings
- fresh pitted cherries
- waffle bowls (store-bought - optional)
- 1/4 cup of aquafaba (the liquid drained from a can of no salt added chickpeas)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 90g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 can of high quality coconut cream, chilled overnight (look for one with as few ingredients as possible. Choose a brand with the highest percentage of coconut, if listed on the ingredient list.) Thai Kitchen and Savoy (70%) are my go-tos.
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a non-stick loaf pan with parchment paper and spray the bottom with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer, beat the aquafaba and brown sugar on high until it becomes thick, shiny, and voluminous. When you lift the whisk attachment, the mixture should fall off the whisk in a thick ribbon that holds its shape.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Stir until completely melted and set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, sea salt and baking soda.
- Gently fold the cooled, melted chocolate into whipped aquafaba/sugar mixture, followed by the dry ingredients. Stir gently until the batter is thick and well combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- After chilling the coconut cream for at least 24 hours, turn the can upside down and open the "bottom" of the can. With good quality coconut cream, half of the can will be a thick coconut milk and the other half will be a thick, dense layer of coconut cream.
- Scoop the thick, dense cream into a bowl, add the sugar and cream of tartar and whip on high until light and fluffy. Do not overbeat.
Vegan Chocolate Brownie Sundae
- Spoon 3 scoops of So Delicious Dark Chocolatey Truffle Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert into a bowl (waffle bowl recommended!), top with brownie chunks, a dollop of coconut whip, a sprinkle of chocolate shavings and chopped fresh cherries.