Light and fluffy vegan pancakes studded with mini chocolate chips.
- 1 cup (135g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup (250ml) warm almond milk (any non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) melted coconut oil
- Preheat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly oil pan if necessary,
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat almond milk in microwave until just warm (not hot.) Add the melted coconut and sugar and mix well.
- Add the almond milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Use a fork to mix well, until there are no lumps in the batter. Do not overmix.
- Spoon 1/4-1/3 cup of the batter into your preheated pan. Cook the first side for about 3-4 minutes - until the edges appear dry and cooked and some bubbles have formed. Always flip the pancake before dry spots begin to form on the tops of your pancakes.
- Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Store the cooked pancakes in a single layer on the racks in your warm oven - this will keep them warm but not soggy.
- Continue cooking the pancakes until batter is finished. Makes about 6-7 pancakes.
Add your favourite toppings: Vegan butter, maple syrup, sliced banana, sweetened strawberries, peanut butter, etc.