These Vegan Double-Stuffed Buffalo Ranch Potatoes are spicy, tangy, creamy, and downright delicious. They’re perfect for summer get-togethers like barbeques and potlucks. These Vegan Double-Stuffed Buffalo Ranch potatoes can be grilled or baked. They can easily be prepared ahead of time and cooked to serve later.
- Prepare vegan ranch dressing and vegan buffalo sauce.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F (204°C).
- Gently prick the skin of the Creamer potatoes. On a large piece of aluminum foil, drizzle Little Potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fold the aluminum foil around the Little Potatoes to make a sealed foil pack.
- Bake or grill for 30 minutes, until the largest Creamer potato is just tender when poked with a fork.
- Set potatoes aside until cool enough to handle.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh from the skins. Set flesh aside in a large bowl, you'll need about 2/3 cup of mashed potato. Set potato skins aside on a baking sheet or piece of aluminum foil.
- Season the insides of the scooped skins with salt and pepper. Bake or grill the skins for 10 minutes.
- Mash the potato flesh with vegan buffalo sauce, vegan ranch dressing, vegan cheese shreds, and black pepper (to taste.) Mash well, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Scoop the buffalo ranch mashed potatoes back into the skins.
- Bake or grill for 15-20 minutes, until they’re bubbling and the filling begins to crisp up a little bit.
- Serve with extra vegan ranch dressing for dipping (optional).
Making them gluten-free: Be sure to choose a gluten-free soy sauce for the buffalo sauce recipe. If using store-bought sauces, check to make sure that they are gluten free.
Omitting vegan cheese shreds: You can substitute the vegan cheese shreds with 1 ½ tbsp (22.5ml) nutritional yeast.
Reheating: Reheat in the oven or on the grill for best results. The potatoes need approximately 15-20 minutes at 400°F (204°C) to reheat from cold (add about 5 minutes if reheating from frozen.)You can also reheat the potatoes in the microwave but they will lose their crispiness. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes if reheating from cold.
To prepare in advance: You can prepare both the Vegan Ranch Dressing and the Vegan Buffalo Sauce days in advance. You can also prepare the potatoes all the way through step 9, and then refrigerate or freeze until needed. Finish them on the grill or in the oven when ready to serve.
Less spicy Double-Stuffed Buffalo Ranch Potatoes: The potatoes have a sharp bite to them but they aren’t crazy spicy. To make them less spicy, decrease the buffalo sauce and increase the vegan ranch dressing.
Nutrition information based on using vegan cheese shreds and no additional ranch dressing for dipping.
- Serving Size: 4 potato halves
- Calories: 103
- Sodium: 700.1 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.9 g