Use up your holiday leftovers to make this easy vegan twist on shepherd's pie.
- 2 cups roasted veggies (Brussels sprouts, carrots, potatoes, and onion)
- 1 cup chopped thin-sliced Tofurky or other vegan holiday roast
- 1 1/2 cups mushroom gravy
- 2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- Preaheat oven to 375F.
- Chop vegetables and vegan holiday roast into bite-sized or smaller pieces.
- Layer vegetables and chopped holiday roast into a 5"x7" casserole dish.
- Top with mushroom gravy, ensuring all vegetables and roast are well coated,
- Spoon mashed potatoes over the top of the base, starting with the edges to form a seal and working inwards.
- Place casserole dish on a baking sheet or layer of aluminum foil to prevent a messy cleanup if the filling boils over.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the gravy is bubbling and the mashed potatoes are slightly browned and crisp on top. If necessary, brown the mashed potato topping under the broiler for a couple of minutes. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.