- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp vegan basil pesto
- 1/4 cup julienned baby spinach, packed
- 3 tbsp chopped marinated artichokes
- 2 tbsp chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 vine ripened tomato, chopped (seeds removed)
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup or more of shredded vegan mozzarella (we used Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds)
- salt, to taste
- Combine all dough ingredients and knead until smooth and elastic (8-10 minutes in a stand mixer.)
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, flip to coat, and cover with a damp tea towel. Leave dough to rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to highest setting.
- Punch down the dough and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten into a 12" round.
- Spread with pesto. Top with spinach, artichokes, roasted red peppers, tomato, red onion, and vegan mozzarella. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and pizza appears fluffy and cheese is melted. If the underside of the crust isn't sufficiently brown, slide the pizza off the baking sheet and straight onto the rack. Continue cooking until the underside is crisp.
- Let pizza rest for 5 minutes before cutting.