Chewy, rich and spicy vegan molasses cookies brimming with ginger and cinnamon.
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) vegan butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (130 grams) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) blackstrap or fancy molasses
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- raw sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom. Mix well.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, molasses and vanilla.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour raw sugar into a bowl for rolling.
- Scoop cookie dough by the heaping tablespoon and roll into balls. Roll or press dough in raw sugar. Gently press each dough ball to flatten slightly. Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving at least 1 1/2" between cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are cracked, puffy, and the edges appear cooked. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cool store in a sealed container.
For best results, make sure to measure your flour accurately! How to Measure Flour.
Keywords: vegan molasses cookies