A simple side dish of roasted potatoes in a vegan basil pesto.
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp shiro (white) miso
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 - 1.5lb bag of The Little Potato Company's Terrific Trio Creamer potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- In a food processor, pulse basil, cashews, garlic, and salt, until cashews are finely chopped and evenly textured.
- Add the miso, nutritional yeast, and hemp seeds. Pulse until combined.
- While the processor is running, very slowly pour in the olive oil, followed by the water.
- To prevent oxidation, spoon pesto into a small jar and top with a thin layer of olive oil. As you use the pesto you can stir the oil in, or discard/reserve for later.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut any larger potatoes in half.
- Combine potatoes, olive oil, and generous sprinkle of salt. Mix well.
- Spread potatoes onto baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender and golden brown.
- Mix potatoes with a generous amount of pesto. The potatoes taste best when coated thoroughly.