Classic pumpkin pie, veganized! Serve this vegan pumpkin pie with caramel walnut sauce (recipe below) or coconut whip.
- 1 ½ cups pure pumpkin purée
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 4 ½ tbsp ground flaxseed
- Whisk together canned pumpkin, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix 2 tbsp soy milk with corn starch. Combine soy milk + corn starch slurry with remaining soy milk, and ground flax seed. Let sit for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Whisk the soy milk mixture into the pumpkin mixture and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Fill pie crust with chilled filling. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat down to 300F, and bake for 40-50 minutes or until center of pie is set. Refrigerate uncovered overnight.