A colourful vegan potato salad that's loaded with crisp veggies, textures, and flavours.
- 1.5 lb bag Terrific Trio Little Potatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp vegan mayo
- 3 tbsp pickle juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp garlic dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped (and soaked in ice water for 10 minutes)
- 2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- In a large pot, cover the quartered Creamer potatoes with cold water, add 1 tsp of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn down to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not overcook.
- In a small bowl, combine the vegan mayo, pickle juice, paprika, 1/4 tsp salt, and black pepper. Add the dressing to the potatoes while they're still warm. Mix with a fork, mashing slightly to thicken the dressing.
- Cool the potatoes and dressing in your fridge or freezer until they are room temperature or cooler.
- Gently mix in all the remaining ingredients: carrot, celery, dill, pickles, red onion, green onion, red and green bell pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. The flavours will marry and intensify if you refrigerate overnight before serving. Garnish with paprika and dill.