This is a great side dish that's easy to prepare for holiday feasts and simple weeknight dinners all year round. Steamed broccoli has never been fancier!
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into spears
- 3 tbsp Earth Balance
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp sliced almonds
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- lemon juice, to taste
- Sprinkle broccoli with a little salt and pepper and steam for 5 minutes or until tender. (Refer to notes if you don't have a steamer.) Sprinkle with a little bit of lemon juice and toss gently.
- In a small saucepan, melt the vegan butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and almonds and cook until golden brown.
- To serve, arrange the broccoli spears in a serving dish. Spoon the browned almond-garlic butter evenly over the broccoli spears.
If you don't have a steamer, preheat your oven to 350° F. Lay broccoli spears on a cookie sheet (with a lip) lined with parchment paper. Add ¼ cup of warm water to the pan. Sprinkle broccoli with a little salt and pepper. Cover with tin foil, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until tender.