Super easy crispy fried potatoes with a zesty creamy vegan ranch dressing!
- 1 package of The Little Potato Company's Garlic & Parsley Microwave Ready Little Potatoes
- 1/2 tbsp olive or canola oil
Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk + 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp white or yellow onion, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp baby dill, finely chopped
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch paprika
- pinch salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Whisk together unsweetened soy milk (soy milk is best for making vegan "buttermilk") and lemon juice. Set side.
- Rinse or soak (for up to 3 minutes) onion and garlic in cool water and strain.
- Whisk together all ingredients. For best results, refrigerate dressing for 30-60 minutes before tasting and adjusting seasoning to suit your taste preferences. Makes approx. 1 1/2 cups vegan ranch dressing.
- Prepare Little Potatoes according to package instructions. Remove plastic and set potatoes aside until cool enough to handle. Do not add oil or seasoning packet. Cut potatoes in half.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive or canola oil over medium-high heat. Fry potatoes cut side down until golden brown and crisp. Flip and fry briefly on the skin side. Add seasoning packet and toss to coat, cook for another 30 seconds before serving with ranch dressing (and fresh parsley or dill for garnish - optional.)
Decrease oil using for frying if needed. If you prefer oven baked potatoes over pan-fried you might prefer using The Little Potato Company's Oven Ready Garlic & Herb Little Potatoes instead.If you happen to have access to one, feel free to use a store-bought vegan ranch dressing you enjoy for an extra convenient side dish.If you prefer a little more bite to your ranch dressing you can skip the soaking/rinsing step for the onion and garlic.If you don't have access to The Little Potato Company's Microwave Ready kits you can achieve similar results by microwaving 1 lb of Creamer potatoes for 5 minutes and seasoning them with dried parsley and garlic powder.