Save for the odd cool day, I think it's time to retire my oven for the summer. We haven't lived here long but so far it looks like our teeny tiny place is going to heat up like a green house in the summer. The added heat from our oven makes me feel like I'm being punished for my sins.
Outdoor grilling is the obvious option but we don't have a barbeque. It would be really nice to be able to develop oven recipes without throwing sweaty temper tantrums (because I do not cope well with kitchen mishaps when I'm on the verge of heatstroke.) Perhaps a toaster oven is the answer? Any recommendations?
Right now I'm trying to keep any house warming food preparation to a minimum. Lately I've been playing with The Little Potato Company's Microwave Ready kits and they've proven to be a fantastic option right now. I can follow the instructions exactly for a super convenient AND healthy 5 minute side dish or I can fancy them up by adding a sauce and quickly pan-frying them. They're also an easy way to add quick-cooked potatoes to other recipes.
For this simple side, I microwaved the potatoes according to the package instructions, sliced 'em in half, pan-fried them until crispy before adding the Little Potato Company's Garlic & Parsley seasoning packet and served them with a homemade vegan ranch dressing. Would you look at that, easy comfort food in a cool house and I didn't even have a meltdown. Enjoy!
This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company. We love them for their commitment to simple, healthy whole foods like their delicious Creamer potatoes. Thanks for supporting the brands that support I Love Vegan! Learn more about why we love Little Potatoes SO much at www.littlepotatoes.comPrint
Crispy Potatoes with Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish, Dressing
- Cuisine: Vegan
Super easy crispy fried potatoes with a zesty creamy vegan ranch dressing!
- 1 package of The Little Potato Company's Garlic & Parsley Microwave Ready Little Potatoes
- ½ tbsp olive or canola oil
Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk + 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp white or yellow onion, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp baby dill, finely chopped
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch paprika
- pinch salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Whisk together unsweetened soy milk (soy milk is best for making vegan "buttermilk") and lemon juice. Set side.
- Rinse or soak (for up to 3 minutes) onion and garlic in cool water and strain.
- Whisk together all ingredients. For best results, refrigerate dressing for 30-60 minutes before tasting and adjusting seasoning to suit your taste preferences. Makes approx. 1 ½ cups vegan ranch dressing.
- Prepare Little Potatoes according to package instructions. Remove plastic and set potatoes aside until cool enough to handle. Do not add oil or seasoning packet. Cut potatoes in half.
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive or canola oil over medium-high heat. Fry potatoes cut side down until golden brown and crisp. Flip and fry briefly on the skin side. Add seasoning packet and toss to coat, cook for another 30 seconds before serving with ranch dressing (and fresh parsley or dill for garnish - optional.)
Decrease oil using for frying if needed. If you prefer oven baked potatoes over pan-fried you might prefer using The Little Potato Company's Oven Ready Garlic & Herb Little Potatoes instead.If you happen to have access to one, feel free to use a store-bought vegan ranch dressing you enjoy for an extra convenient side dish.If you prefer a little more bite to your ranch dressing you can skip the soaking/rinsing step for the onion and garlic.If you don't have access to The Little Potato Company's Microwave Ready kits you can achieve similar results by microwaving 1 lb of Creamer potatoes for 5 minutes and seasoning them with dried parsley and garlic powder.
Good one. Amazing recipe. I have experienced eating it and it was really yummy
Potatoes are life and when covered in this ranch dressing, I believe they could bring back the dead. In short, these look like the bomb.
Haha! Compliment taken and greatly appreciated. Thanks Casey!
Meredith Youngson @ pür body nutrition
Been drooling over this recipe of yours for AGES. Bout time I make it tonight 🙂
Oh Yay!! I hope you love it Meredith!
Check out the convection type toaster ovens that can take a 9x 12 baking sheet. Be sure to check the wattage as this will make a difference on cooking time, These small ovens are really for baking and roasting ,For toast-- stick with a regular toaster. These appliances are great for small families . Happy cooking?
Oh perfect Cheryl! We will definitely look into one!