Soft, fluffy, and 100% vegan dill mashed potatoes. The perfect side for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- 6 medium sized russet potatoes, scrubbed, and quartered
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp vegan margarine
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp (or more) fresh dill, roughly chopped
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil. Boil for 15-20 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and mash in a large bowl.
- Add soy milk, margarine, salt, and dill. Mash until smooth, or until it they reach your desired consistency. For silkier mashed potatoes add more margarine and/or soy milk.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper, and serve with vegan gravy.
For creamier mashed potatoes, add a little more vegan butter and a splash of soy milk. Stir and adjust as needed.For easier mashed potatoes, substitute 2 - 1.5lb bags of The Little Potato Company's Baby Boomer Creamer potatoes. They boil fast and don't require peeling or cleaning!