Holiday recipes, coming right up!
Over the next 2 weeks, I'll be sharing some of my favourite classic Christmas recipes, all veganized. If you've been a reader for quite some time, you might recognize them. That would be because they're reposts of some older recipes that tragically went missing after a theme upgrade last year. Ugh, super frustrating! 😡
So, here are some of the recipes you can expect coming up to Christmas:
- Dill Mashed Potatoes
- Mushroom Gravy
- Traditional Vegetable Walnut Stuffing
- Broccoli Almondine
- Classic Cranberry Sauce
First up, my favourite vegan Dill Mashed Potatoes! Soft, fluffy, creamy and flavourful, and they go perfectly with heaps of mushroom gravy (coming up next!)
Soft, fluffy, and 100% vegan dill mashed potatoes. The perfect side for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- 6 medium sized russet potatoes, scrubbed, and quartered
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegan margarine
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon (or more) fresh dill, roughly chopped
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil. Boil for 15-20 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and mash in a large bowl.
- Add soy milk, margarine, salt, and dill. Mash until smooth, or until it they reach your desired consistency. For silkier mashed potatoes add more margarine and/or soy milk.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper, and serve with vegan gravy.
For creamier mashed potatoes, add a little more vegan butter and a splash of soy milk. Stir and adjust as needed.For easier mashed potatoes, substitute 2 - 1.5lb bags of The Little Potato Company's Baby Boomer Creamer potatoes. They boil fast and don't require peeling or cleaning!