This easy and nutritious chickpea curry soup is ready in less than 25 minutes!
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive or canola oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (540ml/19 fl oz) can chickpeas, drained (about 2 cups, cooked)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground coriander
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) mild yellow curry powder (store bought or homemade)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric
- pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups (250 ml - 500 ml) vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) coconut cream
- half a lime, juiced
- optional: water or vegetable broth, to thin
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add drained chickpeas, coriander, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add vegetable broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Purée and stir in coconut cream. Thin with water (if needed.)
- Stir in lime juice, taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve garnished with a swirl of coconut cream, ground black pepper, and pumpkin seeds.