Quick and easy vegan miso soup using just 6 ingredients and 20 minutes.
- 5 cups (1250 ml) water
- 2 ½ tbsp (37.5ml) soy sauce
- 300g soft tofu, diced
- 3 tbsp (4.5g) dry wakame
- 4 tbsp (65g) shiro miso (white/light miso)
- 3 tbsp (45ml) chopped green onion
- Hydrate dry wakame in a bowl of warm water.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Add tofu and soy sauce and cook for a few minutes.
- Squeeze excess moisture from hydrated wakame and add it to the soup. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat off and position a small strainer into the soup. Add the miso to the strainer and use a whisk to stir in the miso until all lumps are broken up.
- Turn heat back on and cook until broth almost starts to simmer. Turn heat off.
- Serve and top with chopped green onion.