Fresh Pico de Gallo made quick and easy with a food processor.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh cilantro leaves, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- In a food processor, pulse tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and minced garlic until evenly chopped.
- Add cilantro, olive oil, sugar, and salt. Pulse to break up cilantro leaves. Stir in lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Refrigerate and let marinate for 30 minutes or more before serving to allow flavours to meld.