Crispy, spicy roasted potato medallions topped with melted vegan cheese, chunky homemade guacamole, and fresh vegetables. A perfect healthy spring and summer appetizer!
- 4 cups sliced Little Potatoes (approx. half of a 1.5lb bag of Blushing Belle, Baby Boomer, or Terrific Trio)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Taco Toppings (optional)
- 1 recipe Guacamole
- 1/4 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- 8-10 sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped or 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- cilantro, for garnish
- Prepare 1 recipe guacamole.
- Prepare toppings (slice up approx. 8-10 grape tomatoes,1 small jalapeño, 1/4 red onion or 2-3 green onions, and cilantro.)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cut potatoes into approximately 1/8"-1/4" thick slices.
- Mix together the potatoes, olive oil, chipotle powder, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt until well combined.
- Lay the seasoned potatoes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Do not overcrowd the potatoes.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Flip and bake for another 6-8 minutes until they're golden-brown and crisp.
- Optional: Top with a light sprinkle of vegan cheese shreds and broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbling.
- Quickly top with approx. 1-2 tsp guacamole. For variety top some with tomato slices, some with jalapeño slices, and some with cilantro, sprinkle with onion. Serve on a warm serving plate. Enjoy!
For casual snacking: Halve the recipe and simply quarter the potatoes instead of slicing them. Serve the hot potatoes with a side of guacamole for dipping.