This vegan chocolate zucchini bread is moist, sweet, and decadent. Preparation takes 15 minutes and then you’re ready to pop it in the oven! Freezer-friendly.
- ½ cup (125 ml) non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp (15 grams) ground flax seed
- 1 cup packed (155 grams) grated zucchini (approximately 1 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup (225 grams) sugar
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (180 grams) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (30 grams) natural cocoa powder (do not substitute with Dutch processed/alkalized cocoa)
- ¾ tsp (3.75 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- Dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips, to taste (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine non-dairy milk and flax. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, natural cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix and set aside.
- Once the milk and flax seed mixture has thickened slightly, add the grated zucchini, sugar, canola oil, and vanilla to the bowl.
- Once the oven is preheated, stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Immediately transfer the batter into the parchment lined loaf pan. If desired, top with chocolate chunks. Immediately put the loaf in the oven and bake for 70 minutes (or until the loaf is cracked and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.)
- Transfer zucchini loaf to a cooling rack. Wait until cool to slice the loaf. Store in an air-tight container.
If your zucchini is very dry, give it a quick soak in water before shaking out any excess moisture using a strainer. (Don’t squeeze it though, just shake out as much as you can.)
Keywords: vegan chocolate zucchini bread, vegan zucchini bread