Luscious, creamy vegan gravy chock-full of thin sliced mushrooms.
- 1 1/2 tbsp canola oil, olive oil, or vegan margarine
- 2 1/2 cups sliced white and/or cremini mushrooms (approx. 14 medium or 1-227g pkg)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp white miso (blended with a touch of vegetable stock to break up clumpy bits)
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic for 1 minute before adding the sliced mushrooms. Saute until vegetables are tender.
- Add flour, and whisk until mushrooms are coated. Stir often and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the vegetable stock, soy sauce, and miso.
- Bring the gravy to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Taste and adjust seasoning.