Pecan Butter Brussels Sprouts
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side dish, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Cuisine: Vegan
Brussels sprouts browned in a crunchy, toasted pecan butter make for a simple yet sophisticated side dish!
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- Trim off the bottoms and any wilted outer leaves of Brussels sprouts, cut a small “X” in the bottoms to promote even cooking.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add Brussels sprouts to water and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into ice bath. Cut Brussels sprouts in half.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat Earth Balance over medium heat. Add pecans and cook for 2 minutes or until mixture is fragrant.
- Lay the Brussels sprouts flat on the skillet and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Toss and brown the other side.
- Add the brown sugar, lemon juice, and salt, toss to combine.
- Spoon Brussels sprouts into a serving dish and top with browned pecans.
I made this, for a side, in our anniversary dinner tonight & it was the perfect complimentary dish to go with what we had! The combination of the pecans, brown sugar, and lemon with the earthy Brussels is just mmmm!!! *chef’s kiss* SOUL good!
Thank you for sharing this extremely tasty, yet super easy, recipe & for helping make our evening extra special <3
My partner and I stumbled over here from a different
website and thought I might as well check things out.
I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to looking into your web page again.
Thanks so much!
Hi there, I made this recipe for my family today for our Christmas dinner, and we loved it. Thanks very much for sharing it.
Wonderful to hear! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed them 😀 Thanks for commenting Kara!