Today I'm excited to introduce you to an amazing Canadian company with some seriously fantastic products: Pure Infused Maple Syrup. I've had the pleasure of sampling and recipe testing their line of infused maple syrups, let me tell you, it's been love at first taste.
The flavours: 1) Vanilla, Cinnamon & Star Anise, 2) Maple Gastrique: Ginger & Apple Cider Vinegar, 3) Chipotle & Lemongrass, 4) Lavender & Chai, and 5) Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves
We sat down and sampled the entire line of Pure's infused maple syrups and we were blown away by each and every one of them. It's not likely for me to have lavender, star anise, or lemongrass on hand in my kitchen, but Pure's infusions make it really convenient to add a unique depth and character to go-to meals. I'm already dreaming of Lavender & Chai in hot mugs of tea, Cinnamon, Nutmeg & Cloves on apple and pumpkin everything this Fall, and Vanilla, Cinnamon & Star Anise on oatmeal & coconut yogurt parfaits with fresh summer berries. I had no idea what to expect from the Maple Gastrique (Ginger & Apple Cider) but I was pleasantly surprised by its bright, punchy flavour - I can't wait to experiment with it in some different dipping sauces and salad dressings.
I had high hopes for the Chipotle & Lemongrass infusion long before it arrived on my doorstep. Luckily, I wasn't let down in the slightest: one taste of the smooth smoky heat of this delicious maple syrup and I was in love. A spicy-sweet chipotle maple glazed burger stacked with toppings, guacamole and a chipotle mayo was the first thing I needed to make.
The maple syrup glaze is the perfect balance of spicy and sweet with a hint of smokiness. This easy vegan patty makes the perfect summer burger paired with a chewy ciabatta bun, crisp fresh veggies, chunky guacamole, and a spicy chipotle-sriracha mayo.
Firm tofu is the perfect base for a simple veggie burger. Pressing the tofu to remove excess water is key for burgers with a "meaty" texture and tons of flavour. You can bake or pan-fry these patties, the end result isn't much different but pan-frying is a little faster and provides a slightly stronger caramelized flavour. These would be perfect for cooking on the grill this summer too!
I cooked the marinade down into a thin glaze and brushed it over the burgers during the last few minutes of cooking. The glaze and marinade make for some seriously addictive and delicious tofu.
Most home made veggie burgers are a blended mix of cooked ingredients such as lentils, rice, oats, veggies, and binders like flax seed seasoned with herbs and spices. They can be super healthy and tasty but they tend to be a little time and labour-intensive when you make them from scratch. For these vegan burgers, you don't need to prepare a ton of different cooked ingredients. They're super easy to throw together and take just an hour or less from start to finish. I plan to rely on this recipe heavily throughout the summer grilling season!
This products mentioned in this post were provided courtesy of
Pure Infused Maple Syrup.
Find them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, or learn more about this awesome Canadian company on their website: http://www.pureinfusedmaple.ca/.
If you would like more great recipes to try with these awesome syrups, take a look at the PURE Inspiration section of their site. So many delicious ideas!Print
Chipotle Maple Glazed Tofu Burgers
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
- Total Time: 58 minutes
- Yield: 6 burgers 1x
- Category: Main, Burger
- Cuisine: Vegan
Chipotle Maple Glazed Tofu Burgers
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- ¼ cup Pure Infused Chipotle Lemongrass Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tsp sriracha
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- ⅛ tsp (a pinch) garlic powder
- 1 large avocado
- ½ small tomato, chopped with seeds removed
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- pinch salt
- 1 ciabatta baguette, cut just large enough to fit one glazed tofu patty per bun
- leaves of butter lettuce or spinach
- tomato, thin sliced
- red onion, thin sliced
- 1 recipe chipotle-sriracha mayo
- 1 recipe guacamole
Chipotle Maple Glazed Tofu Burgers
- Cut block of tofu in half (so you have 2 square blocks) and then slice each block lengthwise into thirds to make square patties.
- Drain the tofu.
- If baking, preheat the oven to 450F. Combine the rest of the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish and marinate the tofu patties for 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Scrape off the extra marinade before cooking and reserve the excess.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-low and add the leftover marinade. Bring to a simmer and cook until just thick. Remove from heat.
- Baking: Place patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes. Top with ½ of the thickened glaze and bake for 4 minutes, flip and top with the remaining glaze and bake for another 4 minutes. Warm buns in the oven during the last 2-4 minutes of cooking time.
- Pan-frying: Heat ½-1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Place patties in hot oil and cook until browned around the edges, about 5 minutes, flip and brown the other side. Top with ½ of the thickened glaze and flip, cooking until the glaze bubbles and thickens. Top with the remaining glaze, flip and cook until both sides are coated with glaze.
- Chipotle-Sriracha Mayo: Combine all ingredients and let sit while tofu marinates.
- Guacamole: Mash ½ of the avocado, and chop the other half. Combine the mashed avocado, chopped avocado, tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- Vegetables: Prepare all vegetables while the tofu marinates and bakes.
Your Tofu Burgers are fantastic!! I love the recipe and the pictures! Make me want to make them so bad! And we will 🙂 . Thanks for sharing and inspiring us!
I am so trying these next summer! Last summer, while vacationing with a group of omnivores, I made some marinated, baked tofu logs and they were very well received. Next summer, I'm making these burgers/sandwiches for the same group. I know they will be even more well received. Thanks for sharing.
Oohh, that sounds delicious!! I'm sure your crowd will love these burgers too! Thanks Julia!
I didn't have the glaze you mentioned, but used Sweet Baby Ray's hickory bbq sauce and some pure maple syrup...pan fried the tofu steaks and put them on Ciabatta rolls. SO GOOD!! I can't wait to try these glazes. Thanks for the inspiration, in the meantime!!
Well I'm glad you were able to use the recipe for inspiration! Your burgers sound absolutely delicious, thanks for sharing! 😀
Love the ideas and products on your website!
Gorgeous 🙂 I made very similar baked maple tofu for the blog a few weeks ago and never thought to slap it between a bun for a vegetarian burger. Of course! It's the perfect summer dish for those looking to reduce their intake of animal products.
Thanks Jennifer! They make for a fantastic burger patty, you should definitely try it out this summer!
I tried these maple syrups and I really love them. I think my favourite is the Maple Gastrique one but it's hard to really pick a favourite one. 🙂 Your burger looks delicious!
They're so good! It is hard to pick a favourite, but I can see myself using the Chipotle & Lemongrass and Lavender & Chai a lot!
I'm going to buy the sample pack of the syrups.
Yay! You will love them!!
Farha - faskitchen
wow, Brittany.. Tofu burgers.. it sounds like dream come true for me.. I can never get my kids to eat tofu.. I have to hide and mix with other ingredients to fool them into eating it. This looks like a winner recipe.. And yes, the ix are fabulous
Thanks Farha! I think your kids will love these burgers!